We are currently open for submissions for our second issue till November 30, 2022.
From this issue onwards, we wish to open up spaces for specific communities from the Global South and curate works by authors from underrepresented and marginalised backgrounds in the context of the greater literary world.
For this second issue, we invite contributors from Latin American countries who write in English. On this occasion, we have chosen to promote emerging authors who are citizens of, and based in, Latin American countries; therefore, our current submission call does not apply to Latinx authors at large or writers of the Latinx diaspora. Please do not submit if you are not from a Latin American country.
Submissions must be in English, but we encourage writings that interpolate non-English words and non-standard structures. We are interested in writings in which the limits of English are made evident through language — writings that problematise, reclaim, or reinvent English as a tool to narrate local experiences in a globalised world.
To understand the type of writing we are looking for, please visit our Home page, review our favourite works and go through our previous issue! We look forward to your submissions!
- Submit up to 3 poems or 3 prose pieces of up to 5000 words in total.
- Please specify which genre you’re submitting to in the subject line of your email, and
- include your author bio in the third person in the email body, and
- mention how you fit this application call for writers from South American countries
- Previously published work will not be accepted.
- No further guidelines, just write from your core and put it in a Word doc. Send your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
This lit mag is volunteer-based and currently cannot offer payment. Your work will be read, handled and edited with great love and care, and will be promoted on the Spooky Gaze social media.